Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service is related to saving and/or sharing certain web content on a web server handled by a hosting company. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a look at these. Doing so, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to launch a website, e-mail aliases, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service provided by given companies, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are often supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific amount of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely twisted explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the tasks at hand between autonomous bunches of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web page hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you desire to share a large amount of pics with friends or partners since the service is mostly free of cost. You will receive a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your mail accounts. Some suppliers offer website hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email service. If you would like to create an email address with your domain name but do not want to own a site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and several hundred web site visitors, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video will enable you to keep as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to run a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and electronic mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Online Impact, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that permit you to get all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific web content exclusively.